The team that sells the winning ticket earns $1,000 toward their team account. The athlete selling the winning ticket receives a $500 Visa gift card! Each athlete selling 20 tickets or more earns a $100 Visa gift card!
Team Selling Bonus: Each team is provided 5 tickets per athlete. Additional tickets are provided by request. Once the team has sold 60% of that allocation, the Cougar Club will credit the team account $10 for each additional ticket over that 60%. For example: If a team has 20 athletes, 100 tickets are distributed. The team sells a total of 90 tickets. The Cougar Club credits that team account with $300.
Coach Bonus: The head coach of the team selling 90% or more of their assigned tickets will receive a $100 Visa gift card.
IMPORTANT: Team and coaches’ bonuses are distributed after the raffle fundraiser has ended and after proof of ticket sales has been offered to the Apex Cougar Club by the coach, or by a parent volunteer designated by the coach. This means ticket numbers of sold tickets should be linked to the athlete to whom those tickets were assigned. We suggest coaches or parent volunteers use a spreadsheet to track this info to ensure their team receives any bonuses earned.
Official Rules and Regulations
The proceeds from this raffle will benefit the Apex Cougar Club mission and activities in support of Apex High School Athletics. Tickets will be available for purchase from all Apex High School student athletes and Cougar Club members until the start of the Varsity Men’s Basketball Game selected for the raffle drawing.
- The raffle is open to legal residents of the United States who are age 18 and over and are licensed drivers.
- All ticket sales occur in the state of North Carolina.
- If fewer than 1,800 tickets are sold by the time of the drawing, the winner will receive 1/2 of all monies collected by the raffle. If over 1,800 tickets are sold, the winner can choose the vehicle or a cash amount not to exceed $25,000.
- Membership in the Apex Cougar Club is not required.
- There is no limit to the number of tickets an individual may purchase.
- Tickets must be filled out in the name of a single individual.
- Tickets are not available for sale online; only through Apex High School student athletes, team members, coaches and Apex Cougar Club members at select Apex High School events.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Ticket sales at the location of the drawing will cease at the start of the Varsity Men’s Basketball game the night of the drawing.
- The winner will be selected at a random drawing. Entrants do not need to be present to win. The winner will be notified by phone and email according to the contact information provided to the Apex Cougar Club at the time of entry. In the event a winner cannot be contacted, fails to respond within 7 calendar days, fails to otherwise qualify for the prize and/or declines the prize, an alternate winner will be selected. If not claimed within 7 calendar days of notification, the winner designee will forfeit any rights to the prize and the same will be awarded to an alternate winner. The right to take possession of the prize through the winning entry is neither assignable nor transferable.
- If the winner elects to accept the prize, that winner assumes and must pay all fees and charges (including, but not limited to, Dealer Administration Fees, Tags/License, Local, State and Federal taxes when the car is transferred to the winner). Any and all winnings are subject to regular gambling withholding as stipulated by the IRS and must be paid by the winner. In addition, all costs of car ownership, such as (without limitation) insurance, are the winner’s sole responsibility. The Apex Cougar Club assumes no responsibility for the winner’s tax obligations and suggests you consult your tax advisor. This offer is void where prohibited by law and all federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash. The vehicle will not be delivered until after all of the applied taxes, license and registration fees are paid by the winner. The winner must have proper identification when claiming the vehicle (a valid state driver’s license) and appropriate insurance.
- By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless The Apex Cougar Club, Apex High School, Wake County Public School System, advertising/promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the raffle or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- The Apex Cougar Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the raffle, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the club’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the raffle, as determined by the club in its sole discretion. The club reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the raffle process or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the raffle may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the club reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The club’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by raffle purchasers, printing errors or by any of the programming associated with or utilized in the raffle; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or hard/software ; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the raffle process; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the raffle or the processing of raffle ticket purchases; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from raffle purchaser’s participation in the raffle or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason a raffle ticket is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, a ticket purchaser’s sole remedy is another ticket in the raffle, provided that if it is not possible to award another ticket due to discontinuance of the raffle, or any part of it, for any reason, the club, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible raffle ticket stubs up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed the club reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un- awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Except where prohibited, raffle purchasers agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this raffle any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate North Carolina State Court located in Raleigh, NC, U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this raffle, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will raffle ticket purchasers be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and club in connection with the raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.